- AMD Format (Asynchronous Module Dependency) - primarily used in Browser js since it has the advantage of being async loading. define function is used to load dependencies.
- CommonJS Format - more prevalent in server (nodeJs) apps. require function is used to load dependencies.
- Universal Module Definition (UMD) - Has both the features of AMD and CommonJS
- System.register - Specific to SystemJS module loader
- ES2015 - Native support in ES6 - Need to use something like Babel to use in current browsers
- RequireJS Module Loader can load modules in AMD Format
- SystemJS Module Loader can load modules in CommonJS Format